Saturday, June 9, 2007

Gee, was my old box slow!


Old CPU
Originally uploaded by Wobbe F. Koning
My new computer is up and running, and now I really no excuse to make great strides towards completing my animation. Suddenly I have real-time animation preview. Rendering is probably about four times faster. And also quite important: when I turn it on, my new computer starts fast and does not need to be rebooted once or twice. How did I ever animate on my recently deceased old computer?

Of course, the only reason that I now have a machine this fast is that I waited so long with replacing my old machine. Had I bought one last year, it would be outdated by now. But I guess the fact that my laptop was considerably faster than my desktop should have been an indication that it was about time to replace the latter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that apple powerbook is the best tested windows vista laptop ;-)

Earguy said...

Now why would I want to run Vista? So I can see if all my software will be compatible?

(get a login, you Mr. Anonymous! Or be "other"....)