Friday, December 25, 2009

Vista Seven

A few months ago I bought a new laptop. It came with Windows Vista but I would get a free upgrade to Windows 7, and I did about a month ago. I did not want to deal with the downtime during the semester, but after having handed in the grades (that is: entered them in an on-line form) I felt it was safe to upgrade.


I should probably do a web search on the differences between Vista and 7, and why either is better that XP. I hope there are a lot of improvements under the hood as I have not found many on the surface. A lot of re-shuffling, that I did notice. And that it is harder to get rid of the Eye Candy in 7 (the Germans call this "Augenkitzel" - in stead of being fed sweets the eye is being tickled) like the fades on windows. I did find it and switched the display settings to best performace. Great! Now it almost looks like Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. I think I'll keep it this way. Interesting how they do admit that all the visual effects do affect performance.


Now I just need to get rid of that terrible login screen...

No comments: