Friday, June 10, 2011

Curved Particle

Still experimenting in Maya, I am trying to create an interesting shape (in the first very rough story and incomplete story outline named "Tubular Shape") by putting particles on curves and / or converting particles to curves. I came across this interesting scripting page by a recent SCAD grad, but unfortunately the scripts are not available (Access Forbidden: I did contact him). Those scripts could have saved me some time.


Today I wrote a script that draws a curve through the path a particle has taken. Then wrote it again after it got stuck in an infinite loop and finding out that Maya has no way to stop the execution of a script and yes, I always save but not this time. I think I may be getting somewhere, though as the image shows I need to put a bit more time into creating a more interesting particle system

No comments: